Currently: LA Metro (LACMTA)
I work as the Tech Lead on the Digital Services team at LA Metro.
Previously: LA County Auditor-Controller
I worked as a Systems Analyst at the LA County Auditor-Controller from 2007 to 2020. I was a member of a small team, taking on web development, business analysis, and project management work for internal systems used at the County.
What I do
I started off my career as a coder, and while I still occasionally monkey around in code my focus these days is primarily on institutional change to improve government services. What I advocate for in my government work:
- open source code and modern tools
- open data and data standardization
- cross-department/agency collaboration; breaking down silos
- user-centered design
- rapid prototyping and incremental development
- improving procurement processes
- improving hiring and retention